I have realized that if I published a book on the Jefferson Davis highway at this point, it would not work to bring down the Jefferson Davis highway, but keep it alive. So it will never be published. I am not sure what I am going to do with the five or six file boxes of notes I have, but I will have to do something to make sure it isn't used to reincarnate the Jefferson Davis highway metaphysically.
This article is somewhat assuring in that Breitbart hasn't come up with a better idea to keep Confederate monuments than the erasing history idea. I am not going suggest alternatives since I literally don't want to give them any ideas.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/09/05/virginia-erases-american-history-from-streets-jefferson-davis-highway-now-richmond-highway/
This is important since it makes the rest of the Jefferson Davis highway system less tenable. No chamber of commerce will want their city to be the first city where the highway starts. With the ends of the highway untied, the higway will unravel.
The futility of efforts to keep the built landscape named after some Confederate figure becomes more and more apparent.
I think that psychologically the change of the name of this highway works to undermind the Confederate mouments in Richmond.
Also, everytime anything Confederate gets removed successfully from the environment, it will occur to others that the Confederate named item of the built environment in their city can go.
Finally, as there are fewer and fewer Confederate items, the remaining ones seem more and more anomalous.
Friday, September 06, 2019
Jefferson Davis highway is falling apart./ Breitbart is as stupid as ever.
Labels:
Jefferson Davis,
Jefferson Davis Highway,
Richmond,
Virginia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts Last 30 days
-
The article is here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/10/AR2010081004586.html?hpid=opinionsbox1 Incidentally...
-
Washington Post columnist Colbert King has an opinion piece "Rise of the New Confederacy," about the Republican Party and the Tea...
-
At this link is an article on the response to the likely election of Obama as president of the United States in the Canadian National Post ....
-
There are three links to articles about how the Bush administration starting with attorney general Ashcroft is subverting civil rights enfor...
-
Developments concerning Beauvoir in Mississippi where Jefferson Davis, president of the Confederacy spent his last days, still a racist and ...
-
The ramp which was used by the cranes and other lifting equipment to go up and in the enclosed area and remove the statues and the base has ...
-
This Saturday I will be in Austin, Texas speaking about the Hood Brigade Monument and how it is about white supremacy. This is the event...
-
Looking at the many videos and pictures and news stories and instagram and twitter and Facebook etc. if you saw the crowd as a whole you di...
-
Recently, Ann Coulter has published in the Confederate Veteran, the official publication of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV) a defense...
-
More George Allen material added, mostly UDC magazine material.
Popular Posts All Time
-
The article is here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/10/AR2010081004586.html?hpid=opinionsbox1 Incidentally...
-
At this link is an article on the response to the likely election of Obama as president of the United States in the Canadian National Post ....
-
Washington Post columnist Colbert King has an opinion piece "Rise of the New Confederacy," about the Republican Party and the Tea...
-
The ramp which was used by the cranes and other lifting equipment to go up and in the enclosed area and remove the statues and the base has ...
-
There hasn't been an issue of the Southern Partisan (SP) for some time, about a year. I was doing some Internet researching and I stumb...
-
The other major neo-Confederate groups have gone under or just live on as remnants. The League of the South is just perhaps a dozen or may...
-
The League of the South (LS) put up a bill board in Alabama like their billboard in Florida. This is a link about the Florida billboard at...
-
There is a new movie coming out, "12 Years a Slave." The link to the review and a trailer is at this link: http://www.slate.com/...
-
I have contacted both of my U.S. Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn . The following is the automated reply from Cornyn and the...
-
The title of the essay is, "Time to Lose the Confederate Flag: Some Heresies for the Civil War Sesquicentennial," by Craig Silver....
No comments:
Post a Comment