Saturday, October 28, 2006

James Webb's Confederate consciousness

I just now realized that James Webb the author of "Born Fighting" a book that popularizes Neo-Confederate Celtic South nonsense, is the same James Webb running for the U.S. Senate in Virginia.

Here is Webb's speech at Arlington Confederate Memorial.

http://www.jameswebb.com/speeches/confedmemorial.htm

I will notify the same individuals that I notified about George Allen, but I probably won't get much interest. It is a wicked world.

What is interesting is that the Republicans aren't making any use of it either. However, having a pro-Confederate voter base they are hardly in a position to criticize Webb for being pro-Confederate. What would be amusing if the Sons of Confederate Veterans issued something praising Webb.

All in all, I am not sure who would be worse being elected. I think that I would rather see Allen elected rather than Webb. Allen doesn't seem to be very intelligent and nor will he be able to push Neo-Confederacy, since he will be trying to live down his reputation, and I think he is just a simple bigot with a Confederate fetish, and doesn't have a neo-Confederate ideology. Webb on the other hand has some smarts and is a major promoter of Neo-Confederacy and will be able to use the apparatus of government to do so. He will be much more dangerous to the future of the nation.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts Last 30 days

Popular Posts All Time