Start coming down more than it has I suppose I should say.
I have been pouring a lot of time into researching the built landscape of the city of Dallas. Also, helping the people in Austin a little on their stuff. They took my material on the Children of the Confederacy to the right people and the plaque is down.
I have also done a lot of thinking about how the landscape is imagined. How the build landscape is named.
Yesterday was my last planned visit to an archive. It will be a few days to organize the materials I collected last week. And I expect as I start writing and producing I will find gaps and will be visiting a library or archive again.
But sometime next week activism starts and research as an activity will be a minor component of my time.
I am going to be writing up my Dallas research findings, then creating powerpoints, which will be story boards for the production of videos. I am excited to get into video production.
Being retired I have been able to spend 40 hours a week doing research, digging in archives. I have made amazing discoveries. Also, my research has been assisted by the digitization of resources. I am able to do searches and find things that previously I would have only found if I had been doing research over decades and was luck.
Who would expect that former Dallas Morning News columnist Lynn Landrum would reference Van Evrie as a legitimate source to understand African Americans in an article? I would have never looked for this, and even if I thought it might have existed, it would takes months of research to find it. With digitized data and searching I found it.
So I hope not only to reshape how the Dallas built environment is understood, but also show how modern technology can enable comprehending a build environment of a locality.
This blog will be more general anti-Confederate stuff. For Dallas follow my other blog.
https://dallaslandscape.blogspot.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts Last 30 days
-
Washington Post columnist Colbert King has an opinion piece "Rise of the New Confederacy," about the Republican Party and the Tea...
-
The article is here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/10/AR2010081004586.html?hpid=opinionsbox1 Incidentally...
-
At this link is an article on the response to the likely election of Obama as president of the United States in the Canadian National Post ....
-
This is his Confederate post as part of his anti-vaxxer Facebook postings. https://www.facebook.com/chaz.blimline/posts/916814451694947:0 T...
-
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/blog/bal-pugh-to-explore-removing-confederate-monuments-in-baltimore-20170527-story.html...
-
Frank Stewart is outed as defender of Confederate monuments in New Orleans and isn't happy about it.If you are wondering why the Confederate monuments stay up in Baltimore you would do well to study New Orleans. Many there were surprised wh...
-
This posting is to have the all the free guest links to my essays published on Black Commentator . The order is from the newest to the old...
-
The ramp which was used by the cranes and other lifting equipment to go up and in the enclosed area and remove the statues and the base has ...
-
http://abcnews.go.com/US/orleans-removes-confederate-statues-honor-cult-lost/story?id=47346477 Above is the URL to a story which used ...
-
I have been exhaustively studying Breitbart's treatment of various topics. I have the articles printed out, hand dated, and filed and o...
Popular Posts All Time
-
The article is here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/10/AR2010081004586.html?hpid=opinionsbox1 Incidentally...
-
At this link is an article on the response to the likely election of Obama as president of the United States in the Canadian National Post ....
-
Washington Post columnist Colbert King has an opinion piece "Rise of the New Confederacy," about the Republican Party and the Tea...
-
The ramp which was used by the cranes and other lifting equipment to go up and in the enclosed area and remove the statues and the base has ...
-
There hasn't been an issue of the Southern Partisan (SP) for some time, about a year. I was doing some Internet researching and I stumb...
-
The other major neo-Confederate groups have gone under or just live on as remnants. The League of the South is just perhaps a dozen or may...
-
The League of the South (LS) put up a bill board in Alabama like their billboard in Florida. This is a link about the Florida billboard at...
-
There is a new movie coming out, "12 Years a Slave." The link to the review and a trailer is at this link: http://www.slate.com/...
-
I have contacted both of my U.S. Senators Kay Bailey Hutchison and John Cornyn . The following is the automated reply from Cornyn and the...
-
The title of the essay is, "Time to Lose the Confederate Flag: Some Heresies for the Civil War Sesquicentennial," by Craig Silver....
No comments:
Post a Comment