Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Letter to Texas Rep. Eric Johnson about a Children of the Confederacy essay gleefully telling of the slaughter of African American troops UPDATE

UPDATE: I mailed a letter about this Children of the Confederacy essay to Joe Straus, speaker of the Texas House. Today I mail a letter to Texas Governor Abbott about this essay.

I am mailing this letter today. I will be mailing other elected officials in Austin, Texas and I will be letting others know. I will have some extracts of the essay in this blog.

UPDATE2: I sent out a press release to a lot of media in Austin. Next I will be sending out some press releases to media in Dallas.



                                                                                    October 24, 2017

                                                                                    [Address was here.]
                                                                                    edwardsebesta@gmail.com

Texas House Representative Eric Johnson
Room 1N.7
P.O. Box 2910
Austin, Texas 78768

Dear Hon. Johnson:

I applaud your efforts to have the Children of the Confederacy plaque removed from the Capitol building. They are a pernicious organization that is run by the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC).

I enclose an essay by a member of the Children of the Confederacy published in the United Daughters of the Confederacy Magazine, March 1960, in which the massacre of African American troops is celebrated and thought humorous.  This article was published just a few months after the Children of the Confederacy plaque was put on the building. I enclosed the cover of the magazine issue, and the table of contents. The article celebrating the slaughter of African American troops is titled, “Hog and Hominy Lick Carpetbaggers.” The UDC though highly enough of this essay to publish it in their magazine.

This essay isn’t an anomaly, but is consistent with the values of the United Daughters of the Confederacy promotes. They have in South Carolina a museum to the violent Red Shirts which they call a shrine. The UDC for decades in the early 20th century celebrated the KKK as heroes. In the 21st century they have less directly promoted books that celebrated the KKK as heroes.

My curriculum vitae is online. http://www.templeofdemocracy.com/curriculum-vitae.html. I am published by the Univ. of Texas Press, Univ. Press of Mississippi, peer-reviewed academic journals, last one at Cambridge Univ. I was awarded the Spirit of Freedom medal by the African American Civil War Museum in Washington, D.C.

I have additional information about the Children of the Confederacy and their instruction about the Ku Klux Klan.

I have a lot of research information about the Capitol Confederate monuments also.


                                                                                    Sincerely Yours,


                                                                                    Edward H. Sebesta

Some sections from the article. 






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts Last 30 days

Popular Posts All Time