Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Washington and Lee University doesn't want New Orleans Confedederate mo

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2017/05/confederate_monuments_robert_e_1.html


The above article reports that Washington and Lee University doesn't want the New Orleans Confederate statues.

I suspect that these monuments are politically radioactive. The article says the city of New Orleans has reached out to Washington and Lee University, Beauvoir, and the Smithsonian.

I rather doubt the Smithsonian wants these monuments unless they plan an exhibit that really focuses on their history as icons of white supremacy, which I think would be too hot for the Smithsonian.

I think Beauvoir would be interested, but I don't know if they can afford the transportation, though I suspect the city of New Orleans would be willing to underwrite some of the cost.

Meanwhile in Baltimore the city stalls in removing any Confederate monuments.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts Last 30 days

Popular Posts All Time