Thursday, August 17, 2017

I wonder if Robert E. Lee Episcopal Church is re-thinking keeping their name.

With current events I have been swamped with keeping track of what is happening. However, I want to share this from my 7/25/2017 trip to Lexington, Virginia where I visited the Robert E. Lee Episcopal Church next to the Washington & Lee University campus.

They have a Confederate Christ. The staffer there was annoyed by people being concerned about it.

Notice that the banner with Robert E. Lee is up on the church stage. I think it is time that the Episcopal Church deal with the Confederacy. I would emphasize that they are not as bad as the United Methodist Church. St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Richmond, Virginia has dealt with the Confederacy and were really great. However, they are hoping to reach an urban demographic, whereas Lexington, Virginia is very white.

My web page on mainstream denominations and the Confederacy.


http://www.templeofdemocracy.com/churches-of-the-confederacy.html





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts Last 30 days

Popular Posts All Time