Saturday, January 07, 2017

Hugh readership out of South Korea for the Arlington Confederate Monument blog

I am getting ready to write Donald Trump asking him not to send a wreath to the Arlington Confederate Monument. I was reviewing the information I collected in 2009 and also what I have since learned.

I was looking at the Arlington Confederate Monument Report blog and I noticed that there had been a spike in viewers and so first I went to see where they were from. How surprising to see that the most viewers were from South Korea. It is hard to see on the Google map supplied but you can see the South Korean readership in the list.

Japan has recently called home some envoys because they are upset over a statue to memorialize South Korean women who were put into brothels by the Japanese military in World War II.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/06/asia/japan-diplomats-south-korea/

http://time.com/4625449/japan-south-korea-comfort-women-statue/

I think that the move by Japan to retaliate is not well thought out. There are probably in the last week hundreds of millions of people who previously had never heard of the "comfort" women, sex slaves for the Japanese military, who now have learned the history of these sex slaves.

I also think it was very foolish that it was thought that a treaty agreement could be done to push this historical crime down a memory hole. Did the Japanese government really think this would work?

Good for those who won't allow this to be pushed down the memory hole. One time in preparation for a short business trip to Korea, I read a 600 page history of Korea. Korea history has good parts, but poor Korea has had some really bad times, such as the Mongol invasion and the Japanese occupation.

I don't know why the Japanese government isn't just ignoring the statue, perhaps there is a nationalist desire for a conflict.

As for my South Korean readers, I hope my blog was a help.

This is captured from the screen on 1/7/2017 at 8:30 pm roughly EST.








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts Last 30 days

Popular Posts All Time