Sunday, May 17, 2015

Given Medal and Award by African American Civil War Museum. Not garbage from the Museum of the Confederacy. UPDATED:

Saturday, May 16, 2015, I was given  a medal and an award by the African American Civil  War Museum.

I  was down  in Washington,  DC for the  Sesquicentennial celebration of the Grand Review that  was held this weekend.

During  a lecture  I was called  up before the audience  in the front of the auditorium and given the medal and award. It was a  complete surprise.

I am deeply appreciative of  being  given the award and medal and treasure  them.

After seeing the parade and getting the award  I really realized  how wretched an award  from  the Museum of the  Confederacy  (MOC) is and how appalling  it is  that people  accept awards from the MOC.

UPDATE: http://www.blackcommentator.com/441/441_museum_confederacy_sebesta_guest_share.html

This is the first posting I have ever done from my cell phone and I just didn't know how to copy in a link. So the above is the link to the four part expose of the MOC.

I wrote an essay  about the  MOC but haven't  done  much with it.  I think it is  about time  I do.  I also think that it's appalling  that the African American Civil War Museum  struggles on a shoe string budget but the MOC has so many  resources.







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts Last 30 days

Popular Posts All Time