I plan to do more things to oppose secession such as a reading list on Texas history. I do urge people to joint the Texans True to the Union Facebook page. You can keep informed at that page.
Six Things to Do To Oppose Texas Secession
1. Celebrate being American: This could be a national holiday, like Martin Luther King’s birthday, but it could be other things. Read something by your favorite author with whom you share being American. Listen to a musician who with whom you share being American. Realize that by being American you get to share in a great national life.
2. Don’t vote for anyone who supports secession: This means that you will need to ask candidates their position. Candidates need to learn that there is a public against this. Candidates that support secession need to be defeated at the polls. Elected officials that support secession need to lose re-election.
3. Join anti-Texas secession groups: https://www.facebook.com/TexansTruetotheUnion/ At this time this one Facebook page is the only group, but there might be others. You might form one.
4. Share anti-Texas secession articles: When there is a good article why Texas secession is a bad idea, make sure you share it.
5. Know why Texas secession is a bad idea: Be informed about what the consequences of secession would be. Think through why you are against secession. It isn’t enough to say that the Supreme Court has ruled against it though it is good that it has. Your argument should be more than economic. Money isn’t everything.
6. Share this list.