Sunday, July 02, 2006

Updating Presidential Page

You will see to the right hand side of this blog a link to a web page about the 2008 Presidential candidates. I just updated it with a few minor items. I think I have most of the major candidates. I also added an introduction to make it easier to use.

In the next month or so I will be just adding small items for the time being. The campaign won't really get moving until after the 2006 elections. However, there is background information, on the votes on Ashcroft and the Southern Partisan controversy which I have gotten put in the guide. Then there is the view of the Southern Partisan towards some of the presidential candidates in the past which I haven't put in. None of them interviewed in the "Southern Partisan." I plan to get the background information done by the end of 2006, because afterwards I want to focus on getting the information as it develops.

I am also thinking of sending out a questionnaire. Which candidates are members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans or some other Neo-Confederate group, which candidates would nominate to a Federal Judgeship a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans or the United Daughters of the Confederacy, would they permit the American military to have activities with the Sons of Confederate Veterans, will they celebrate Jefferson Davis' birthday by placing a wreath at the Confederate memorial at the Arlington cemetery? The U.S. military academies each allow the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC) to present awards to their graduates. For example the UDC gives a Robert E. Lee award each year at West Point.

I am going to strategize how to get a questionnaire answered. If I can get a response to one, I think others will follow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts Last 30 days

Popular Posts All Time