Monday, March 03, 2008

Kevin R. Gutzman, author of "The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution" claims not be a neo-Confederate.

Some how Kevin Gutzman, author of "The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution" found out that I had blogged a reference to a review of his book at the Claremont Institute. The blog is here: http://newtknight.blogspot.com/2008/02/bizarre-claremont-institute-calls.html

The review of his book is here:

http://www.claremont.org/publications/crb/id.1513/article_detail.asp

Gutzman emailed me and in a short email he said that he wasn't neo-Confederate as claimed in the Claremont Institute review. The claim didn't have a lot of credibility with me, because he refered to an article at the www.lewrockwell.com site where in an article he denies that he is a neo-Confederate.

His name seemed familiar. So I searched my indexes and he came up as a contributor to Southern Partisan for several book reviews and a letter to the editor about a book review in Southern Partisan.

I replied that I would form an opinion based on reading his book reviews in the "Southern Partisan."

I have ordered his book, and I have also ordered the books he reviewed that I didn't already own. The books I have ordered have started to come in. I going to be reading his Southern Partisan book reviews this week.

I am thinking that I will blog something on Gutzman in a couple weeks. I need to write up something on who is and isn't a neo-Confederate. I suppose when the book, "Neo-Confederacy: A Critical Introduction," is published there will likely be some people who will deny that they are neo-Confederate for one reason or another.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts Last 30 days

Popular Posts All Time