Sunday, September 07, 2014

Update: Have copy of review. "The Economist" pulls pro-slavery review of book, trying to track down copy of review and track down who wrote review.

UPDATE: I have figured out that the link has the full review and it isn't just an excerpt.


DOES ANYONE HAVE A COPY OF THE PULLED PRO-SLAVERY REVIEW THAT APPEARED IN THE ECONOMIST?

http://www.economist.com/news/books/21615864-how-slaves-built-american-capitalism-blood-cotton

The Economist pulled the review before I could get a copy. However, if I had copy of the review I could do some forensic analysis of the text and see who might have written it.

Yes, I know that The Economist reviews have no byline. Let's move past that. It doesn't mean that with the text I can't identify who wrote it or find out by other means.

Also, does anyone know through other means who might have written it? 

I have emailed Dr. Baptist to see if he has a copy. At least one other writer for The Economist has been named as a possible author. 

Could someone at The Economist tell me by email? 

From what is available online I can start doing some investigation now. However, the full text would really be useful. 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts Last 30 days

Popular Posts All Time